Lincoln’s roots go back to New Englander Henry Leland, a fiercely meticulous machinist who gained his skills working for the Colt firearms company, and precision machine tool maker Brown and Sharpe. He moved to Detroit in the 1880s and established a machine and toolmaking shop called Leland and Faulconer. They were soon supplying engines to Oldsmobile and Cadillac.
The Zephyr was very tastefully styled, with its long, horizontal hood, headlamps integrated into the front fenders, and delicate grille with fine horizontal bars. The roofline tapered gently back and down to the rear bumper, and length was accentuated by fitting fender skirts at the rear.
The Zephyr had a side-valve 4.4 litre V-12 which used components from Ford’s V-8. Its bank angle was 75 degrees rather than the V-8’s 90, and it developed 110 horsepower. Performance was surprisingly good for that era. The British magazine, The Motor, recorded a zero to 96 km/h (60 mph) time of 14 seconds, and a top speed of 145 km/h (90 mph).
For a 60 year old car this delightful 1942 Lincoln Zephyr is in top class condition, both cosmetically and mechanically restored 2 Years ago. The exterior is Black with a Gorgeous Grey interior with wood trim. The undercarriage is in impeccable shape, along with the engine and engine compartment. No expense was spared during the restoration of this rare Beautiful work of art.
The Finest Lincolns Ever Built! V12!