1962 Porsche 356 B.
The Porsche 356 was the first car to carry the name Porsche. It was presented as a prototype in 1948. During the following two years, 50 more handmade Porsche cars were manufactured. The production took place in Gmünd, Austria.
In the springtime of 1950, the enterprise left Gmünd for Stuttgart and Zuffenhausen in Germany, and the serial production started the same year. The model of 1956 got the designation A, in 1960 a little modified version called B-model entered the market and in 1964 and 1965 the 356-serie was completed with the 356 C. The name 356 comes from Ferdinand Porsche’s 356th project since the start of the construction bureau in 1931.
This is a Series B Porsche 356 1600S Cabriolet. The Engine is a 4 cylinder “boxer” 1600 cc producing 75 bhp @ 5000 rpm. The Transmission is a 4-speed manual with rear-wheel drive. This car drives wonderfully. It has been beautifully restored with new tires, original hub caps, factory radio and a rare nardi Torino wood steering wheel.
The exterior is a bright red with a red interior and a black top. The amount of detail on this car is outstanding from top to bottom. FABULOUS CONDITION.
Rare Porsche 356 B!