Morgan 4/4 was the Morgan Motor Company’s first car with four wheels. It appeared in 1936. Its model designation “4-4” (later “4/4”) stood for four wheels and four cylinders. Earlier Morgans had been three-wheelers, only, typically with V-twin engines. Apart from a break during World War II (and the period March 1951 to September 1955) the 4/4 has been in continuous production until today.
In 1982 The 4/4 was fitted with a Ford CVH engine of 1597 c.c. taken from the Escort XR3. Modifications had to be made to fit a ‘north south’ installation and a Cortina gearbox. Power was 96 bhp at 6,000 rpm giving a 0 to 60 mph time of around 10.0 seconds. The following year the 4 Speed gearbox was replaced with the Capri/Sierra five-speed gear box.
1984 Morgan 4/4. This gorgeous example comes equipped with a Ford CVH 1597cc 4 Cylinder in-line engine. The Transmission is a Ford Capri/Sierra 5 Speed manual. The exterior is Red, complemented by a black vinyl interior, black soft top, side curtains and full tonneau cover. Car is solid throughout, runs and drives like new. Un-mistakable old- fashioned Morgan style for the British car enthusiast. This beauty is ready for the open road. A true gentleman’s car!