Introduced in 1939, the Lancia Ardea featured a 903cc, V4 power plant with an alloy cylinder head and became the smallest production V4. In 1948, the third Series Ardea became the first mass produced motorcar to feature a five-speed gearbox. The unitary construction included a pillarless section between the doors. Due to its small size, this allowed ease of access to the rear passenger compartment. Every Lancia Ardea was built in righthand drive; Lancia not manufacturing a production lefthand drive vehicle until 1955. Production of the Ardea ceased in 1953 with nearly 23,000 examples being produced.
- Offered from The Walter Miller Estate
- From the penultimate year of Ardea production
- Remarkably compact 903-cc V-4 engine
- Five-speed manual transmission
- Solex carburetor
- One of approximately 11,700 4th series cars built 1949-1953
- Attractive blue with blue cloth upholstery